Collection Method: Homepage (membership registration, bulletin board,
1. LOGIN ID
5. Service usage record
8. Connection IP information
2. Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information
Check frequency of access or statistics on service use of members
In principle, after the
purpose of collecting and using personal information has been achieved, the information
will be destroyed without delay.
However, if it is necessary to preserve it according to the provisions of the relevant laws and regulations, the company will keep the following member information for a certain period stipulated by said relevant laws and regulations:
2. Preservation Grounds: Use and Protection of
Credit Information Act
3. Retention Period: Three years
Records on Contract or Subscription Withdrawal: Five years (Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce Act)
Records on Consumer Complaints or Dispute Handling: Three years (Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce Act)
Records on Collection/Processing and Use of Credit Information: Three years (Use and Protection of Credit Information Act)
4. Procedure and Method of Destruction of Personal Information
In principle, after the purpose of collecting and using personal information has been achieved, the information will be destroyed without delay. The destruction procedure and method are as follows.
1. Destruction Procedure
The information entered by the member for membership registration, etc., is transferred to a separate DB (separate filing cabinet in the case of paper) after the purpose of use has been achieved. Destruction is scheduled according to internal policy and other reasons for information protection (refer to Retention and Usage Period of Personal Information). Information will be destroyed after being saved for a specific period of time.
Personal information transferred to a separate DB shall not be used for any purpose other than being held unless required by law.
2. Method of Destruction
Personal information stored in electronic file format shall be deleted using a technical method that cannot reproduce the records.
5. Provision of Personal Information
In principle, the company will not provide any personal information of users to external parties, except for the following cases.
1. If the user has agreed in advance:
2. In accordance with the provisions of the law, or at the request of an investigative agency in accordance with the procedures and methods specified in the law for investigation purposes.
6. Consignment of Collected Personal Information.
7. Rights of Users and Legal Representatives and How to Exercise Them
If you request a correction of errors in personal information, we will not use or provide the personal information to a third party until the correction has been completed. If incorrect personal information has already been provided to a third party, said party will be notified without delay so the correction can be made.
8. Matters Concerning the Installation, Operation, and Rejection of Automatic Personal Information Collection Devices
Provide targeted marketing and personalized services by analyzing the frequency of access and visit time of members and non-members, to identify the tastes and interests of users, to track traces, and to identify the degree of participation in various events and the number of visits.
Users have the option to
install cookies. The user may allow all cookies by setting the options in the
web browser, check each time a cookie is saved, or refuse to save all cookies.
2. How to Reject Cookie Settings
Example: As a method of rejecting cookie settings, you can allow all cookies by selecting the option on your web browser, check each time a cookie is saved, or refuse to save all cookies.
Please note that a refusal to install cookies may result in an interruption of service
9. Civil Service for Personal Information
If you need to report or consult about other personal information infringement, please contact the following organizations:
1. Privacy Infringement Center (privacy.kisa.or.kr / +82-2-405-5118)
2. Information Protection Mark Certification Committee (www.eprivacy.or.kr / +82-2-580-9531~2)
3. Cyber Crime Report at the Supreme Prosecutors’ Office (spo.go.kr / +82-2-3480-2000)
4. Cybersecurity Bureau of the National Police Agency (www.ctrc.go.kr / +82-1566-0112)
11. Duty of Notice
- Announcement Date: January 1, 2020